Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Coming up

in the next few weeks: a review of Ramachandra Guha’s India after Gandhi: The history of the world’s largest democracy; a note about the history of the French city of Lyon and also my travels in the town of St. Etienne; and perhaps, over the next couple of months, reviews and non-fiction articles on Martin Meredith’s decidedly bleak The fate of Africa: From hopes of freedom to the heart of despair, and James Campbell’s narrative non-fiction work Middle Passages: African American journeys to Africa, which I’d promised to write about earlier, but never managed to.

For the next few days, meanwhile, I’ll be at Pine Ridge reservation in South Dakota - this will be my last trip in a summer full of travel. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet some people there and get a sense of the place.

No comments: